STOP STRUGGLING WITH CHRONIC HEALTH ISSUES
Take A Deeper Look At Your Health To Start Functioning At Your Optimum!
FREE VIDEO: STRESS, HORMONES & ENERGY
Will this video change your whole approach to your healthcare?
100% privacy guaranteed, can unsubscribe anytime.
This presentation will share with you:
- How our broken health care system isn’t set up to help you feel your best, and what you can do instead
- The missing pieces that, when put together in the right way, can make ALL THE DIFFERENCE in how you feel
- How so many health issues can all be related to one thing that YOU CAN CONTROL
- Something you are missing in your attempts to solve your health challenges, that can CHANGE EVERYTHING once you find it (hint: might have something to do with your doctor being more like a “coach” who keeps you accountable)
- How our new collaborative care model can help you...
...and more information that just might CHANGE YOUR LIFE, once you decide it’s time to do what it takes to feel better! You'll also have access to a reduced-rate consultation so you can take action.
"I have sense of well-being that the last time I remember feeling was when I was in my 20s! There’s been a fatigue and a flatness [before] and this change has literally stopped depression, stopped anxiety, given me energy, given me better blood work that has motivated me, made me feel I can exercise, and made me feel I have the components for a robust longevity! Or however much time I have, it’s going to be good time! That’s what I feel now!" - Bonnie, Roots of Health patient
DO YOU RELATE?
Our Approach Is For You If:
- You want to address the underlying cause of your health concerns
- You want to be listened to, respected and treated as an individual, not with a "cookie-cutter" approach to your care
- You are tired of the "disease model" of healthcare, which only attempts to patch over your symptoms
- You prefer to utilize natural methods whenever possible
- You don't want to rely on prescription meds, or are tired of the side effects
- You are ready to be empowered and educated, and not grow older with worry about your health
- You could use some accountability following through on your treatment
- You would like a relationship with your doctors, and to feel they're in your corner supporting you on your health journey
WE HELP WITH:
AND THE LIST GOES ON...
About Lonna Larsh, MD
- Board Certified in Family Medicine July, 1994
- Re-certified July 2000 and July 2007
- Board Certified with the American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine 2006-2013
Integrative and Functional Medicine Training:
- American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine Fall, 2007
- Institute of Functional Medicine 2008/2009 and ongoing training (certification program in process)
- Acupuncture training: Helms Medical Institute Medical Acupuncture for Physicians 2004.
- Food as Medicine (Center for Mind Body Medicine) 2005.
I passionately believe health is one our most valuable assets. I believe that our very best health is not something that just comes to us; it is something that we have to work for. At the same time, working for our best health can be, and should be fun. I believe that health is the sum total of a web of interconnected factors that include what we eat and how we digest our food, how we move, how we sleep, how we relax, and how we relate to each other. Health is the place where our genetics and our environment come together. We each have the opportunity and the responsibility to make the best of this interaction. I am honored to be in a position to help you make the most of your genes and your environment to reach your maximum potential.
As a physician, I specialize in you. I take care of the whole family from newborn babies to those over 100 years of age. My primary interest is functional medicine which focuses on underlying causes of and prevention of disease. We are all biochemically individual. Functional medicine focuses on improving each person’s biochemistry to help them obtain the best quality of life that is possible. My focus is on lifestyle medicine, encouraging people to take an active part in their health through dietary changes and exercise, as well as stress reduction.
Health care should be a partnership between a doctor (or other health care provider) and an individual. I strongly encourage collaboration between members of a health care team. I believe that we all have the ability to reach our potential and that the best information can help us to get there. It’s my role to provide that information, and hopefully inspiration as well.
About Amber Weiss
- Physician Assistant, Stanford Medical School, 2007
- Licensed Acupuncturist
- Masters in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Functional Nutrition, ongoing training
- Expertise and training in Applied Clinical Nutrition, Homeopathy, Autoimmune disorders
- Certified Gluten Practitioner
I am a Physician Assistant (PA) with a masters in Traditional Chinese Medicine. I offer integrative health care consultations and acupuncture in addition to standard Western diagnosis and treatment. I am able to write and refill prescriptions as well as order any necessary lab tests. I have a strong interest in preventing and treating chronic illnesses by focusing on their underlying causes.
My passion is for helping people find real solutions to their health concerns, not just band-aids. I have helped hundreds of people to identify and manage gluten intolerance and other food intolerance, often improving underlying autoimmune conditions. I enjoy coaching people on how to stay well through cold/flu season and can give you successful strategies for supporting your immune system. I have extensive experience working with all sorts of digestive issues – abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, etc. – which generally respond very well to a holistic approach to diagnosis and treatment. For acute and chronic pain, I have had great success utilizing acupuncture, microcurrent, and supplements to reduce inflammation. I also enjoy helping my patients to better manage their stress, anxiety and depression with acupuncture and carefully targeted supplements.
Health is a dialogue. While I am an expert in my field, you are the expert of your body. Together we will explore your health goals and create a realistic plan that you feel good about following.
After graduating with honors from Stanford University, I went on to earn my Masters in Traditional Chinese Medicine from Five Branches University in 2002. For several years, I ran a busy acupuncture clinic in Santa Cruz with an emphasis on primary care, holistic pain management and digestive disorders. With a strong desire to expand the services I could offer my patients, I continued my education at Stanford Medical School for my Physician Assistant training, where I graduated at the top of my class in 2007. I am a Certified Gluten Practitioner, specializing in the diagnosis and management of celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
"It was such a relief to find a practitioner who not only gave me time but who was compassionate and knowledgeable and focused on my individual symptoms, I mean it’s so rare. It is unbelievably rare! So of course my whole family sees Lonna at Roots of Health now, including my husband who hates doctors, he does not “do” doctors, and he will listen to Lonna!"
-Roots of Health patient
Roots of Health Santa Cruz
Comprehensive Functional Medicine
709 Frederick St.
Santa Cruz, CA 95062